The Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd is a company registered in Scotland.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at the Castle Warehouse (Peebles), and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. The Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
- How we use your data;- What personal data we collect:- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
The Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd uses your personal data:
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;- to verify your identity;- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;- to enable the Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd to manage customer service interactions with you; and- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sharing data with third parties
The Castle Warehouse (Peebles) will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so;- to comply with our legal obligations;- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
Outside the ongoing relationship of the Castle Credit Account, we will not retain your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of transactions, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The Castle Warehouse (Peebles) may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age and gender;- your contact details: postal address, telephone numbers and e-mail address;- whether you are a home owner or tenant and the length of time you have lived in your current property;- your current employer;- when you make a purchase or place an order with us;- your bank account number;- your correspondence and communications with the Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time.- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
Legal basis for the Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd processing customer personal data General
The Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);- the purpose of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or- complying with our legal obligations.
Our legitimate interest
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of the Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;- preventing, investigating and detecting crime or fraud and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;- managing insurance claims by customers;- protecting the Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to the Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd;- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against the Castle Warehouse (Peebles); and- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about how the Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01721 725270- e-mail us at: [email protected]- write to us at The Castle Warehouse (Peebles) Ltd, 7-13 Old Town, Peebles, EH45 8HY